Scooba Battery Tear Down

I find myself in possession of two dead Irobot Scooba Battery Packs and no working robotic floor mops. I decided it was worth doing the tear down on one just to see how tough it could be to rebuild it myself. It took about 30 minutes only because I tried to be careful not to break the clips I knew I would find just inside one edge. I was not entirely successful in keeping those clips intact despite my best efforts. The extra glue inside the case is an evil “feature.”

You can see the pics of the battery pack guts on G+ here.

Scooba Battery Guts

Next step, test the cells under load and find affordable replacements.

Comments are closed.

My very effective spam-annihilator has blocked 114 access attempts in the last 7 days.